Saturday, March 12, 2016

Chicken "Noodle" Soup, 21 Day Fix Style



We have all had a horrible cold in my house, so Chicken "Noodle" Soup it is.

  

Here's the recipes below with electric pressure cooker instructions and stove top.

Chicken "Noodle" Soup
Serves 4-5

3 Chicken Breast, boneless, skinless and thawed

4-5 Carrots, sliced
4-5 Stalks of Celery, sliced
1 Cup Onion, diced
(You want to end up with at least 4 cups of vegetables by the end)

32 oz chicken broth or stock

1-2 cloves of garlic, minced
1 tbs dried parsley
1 tsp dried thyme
1-2 bay leaves
Salt and Pepper to taste

2 Cups of Noodles, Rice or Quinoa Cooked and warm

Prepare your chicken and vegetables.

Electric Pressure Cooker
Place your chicken, vegetables and herbs and spices in the cooker.  Pour chicken stock over the chicken and vegetables.

Place on high pressure and cook for 10 minutes.  Quick release.

If you like your vegetables crisp, cook chicken, stock and spices for 7 minutes.  Add vegetable and cook for an additional 3-4 minutes at high pressure.   Quick release.

Remove chicken and shred.  Remove bay leaves.  Place chicken back in soup.

Put noodles, rice or quinoa in, salt and pepper to taste and serve.

Stove top
Place stock and spices in pot and bring to a boil.  Place chicken in pot and reduce heat to medium and cover.  After 10 minutes, place vegetables in the stock with the chicken and cover.   Cook chicken and vegetables for an additional 10-15, until chicken in done.

Remove chicken and shred.  Remove bay leaves.  Place chicken back in soup.

Put noodles, rice or quinoa in, salt and pepper to taste, and serve.

(You may lose to fluid during the cooking, if so replace fluid with broth or stock)

21 Day Fix or Calorie Counters option
The hardest part of soup is making sure you get the right portions.  So this is what I've done to help me.

First I get my yellow, fill it with my carb of choice (brown rice is my favorite), and put in the bottom of my bowl.
After I've shredded the chicken, I get my red container, fill it and put it in my bowl. 



 Then I get my green, put my veggies in it, and put that in the bowl.  Then I get some broth and pour it over the top and call it good.

You'll be surprised how much soup is in one serving when you do it this way!

21 Day Fix 1 Red, 1 Green, 1 Yellow

No comments:

Post a Comment