Monday, April 11, 2016

Brown and Wild Rice Blend

One thing that drives me nuts is the Rice Blends from the store.  Most of them have tons of added salt and preservatives.  So I started making my own.  I make this once a week and use it throughout the week.  I love the nutty flavor of this rice.  Here's my recipe for your rice steamer.



Brown and Wild Rice
Serves 8-10

1/2 Cup of Wild Rice
2 Cups of Brown Rice
6.5-7 Cups of Liquid (water, broth, or a combo of both)

Place your rice in a strainer and rinse it off with water. Place in your steamer.  Add liquid.

Place steamer on brown rice setting.  Should take around 2-3 hours to cook depending on your steamer.  

If you find the wild rice isn't cooked to your liking, soak it in warm water for 1-2 hours before you cook it.  



No comments:

Post a Comment