Saturday, February 20, 2016

Breakfast: Veggie Scramble

I'm a nurse and worked a night shift last night.  My husband left out of town and the last thing I wanted to do was cook dinner.  However, I knew if I went out I wouldn't make healthy choices (my will power sucks after night shifts).  So I decided to make a quick dinner for the kids and me.  My 8, 7, 3, and 1 year old loved it.  

Veggie Scramble 

1 tsp coconut oil
1 cup of diced vegetables per person
     I have used zucchini, broccoli, red and green peppers, onion, mushrooms, spinach, tomatoes, carrots, just to name a few. 
2 eggs per person
Salt and pepper to taste. 


Put coconut oil in fry pan over medium high heat.  After heated put vegetables in starting with the ones that take the longest to cook. This would include ones like broccoli, zucchini, peppers and onion. After about 5-7 minutes put other veggies in and cook for another 1-2 minutes. Remove from pan.  



Put eggs in pan, sprinkle with salt and pepper and cook for 1-2 minutes.  Put veggies over eggs and fold in together.  Cook until eggs are done to your preference. 


1 green and 1 red per serving
Approximately 211 calories 14 gm protein 

No comments:

Post a Comment